ABOUT THE EPISODE
In this conversation, I interview Kara Loewentheil about thoughtwork and its impact on desire and pleasure. We discuss the influence of society on women’s thoughts and desires, the historical context of women’s desire, and the concept of object of affirmation desire. We also explore body image and self-criticism, the importance of communication in relationships, and the process of changing thoughts and self-criticism.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS
- Society plays a significant role in shaping women’s thoughts and desires.
- Women are often socialized to see themselves as objects of desire and believe that their desirability is dependent on others.
- Body image and self-criticism can negatively impact women’s relationship with desire and pleasure.
- Communication is essential in fostering healthy and fulfilling sexual relationships.
- Changing thoughts and self-criticism is a gradual process that requires patience and self-compassion.
Did you like what you heard?Join my membership to get these episodes ASAP when they are created and without advertisement.
There’s also a private Facebook community, guided workbooks, exclusive educational content, and so much more.
THE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN BOOK
Did you get the You Are Not Broken Book yet? Purchase it right here.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Sprout Pharmaceuticals addyi.com/
Use code ‘NOTBROKEN’ to get your telemed doctor’s appointment for $10
See full Prescription Information, Med Guide & Boxed Warning for severe low blood pressure & fainting in certain settings: addyi.com/pi
UberLube for 10% off, use code NOTBROKEN at checkout