ABOUT THE EPISODE
In this conversation, Katey Armstrong shares her journey of discovering Dr. Kelly Casperson and the impact of hormone education on her life.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS
- Education and self-advocacy are crucial in navigating hormone treatment.
- Individual experiences with hormones can vary, and it is important to find what works best for each person.
- Taking responsibility for one’s health and wellness is empowering.
- Hormones can have a positive impact on fitness and overall well-being.
- Estrogen gel can be applied topically and provides benefits such as improved skin health and reduced hot flashes.
- Vaginal estrogen can be used to improve vaginal dryness and overall comfort.
- Oral progesterone is often taken in the evening to help with sleep.
- It can take several weeks to start feeling better after starting hormone therapy, and it’s important to give the body time to adjust.
- Getting dexa scans to assess bone health can be challenging in some areas.
- Estrogen receptors need time to regulate and upregulate in response to hormone therapy.
- Hormone therapy has long-term benefits for conditions such as dementia, heart disease, and bone health.
- It’s important to educate oneself and take control of one’s health, rather than relying solely on healthcare providers.
- Gratitude and appreciation for the conversation and the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge.
Did you like what you heard?Join my membership to get these episodes ASAP when they are created and without advertisement.
There’s also a private Facebook community, guided workbooks, exclusive educational content, and so much more.
THE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN BOOK
Did you get the You Are Not Broken Book yet? Purchase it right here.