ABOUT THE EPISODE
Dr. Goldstein has had a long career providing medical help to those with sexual problems, having been involved with sexual dysfunction research since the late 1970′s.
Dr Goldstein’s interests include regenerative therapies for men and women, surgery for dyspareunia, physiologic investigation of sexual function in men and women, and diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunction in men and women. He has authored more than 360 publications in the field of sexual dysfunction, with 20 consecutive years of funding by the National Institutes of Health
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS
- How do urologists not know who Irwin Goldstein is?
- He started out in men’s sexual health. Dr. Goldstein tells us his story.
- Dr. Goldstein published the original paper on Sildenafil (Viagra) – and 90% of the phone calls after were women asking for help for them.
- He created ISSWSH. https://www.isswsh.org/
- He was in the room when the term vulvovaginal atrophy was changed to genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM).
- Thoughts on DHEA vaginally.
- Women and Sildenafil – oral versus topical and his thoughts on arousal.
- Orgasm guidelines are coming!!
- The role of dapoxetine (Priligy) for inability to orgasm – you can’t get this in
- Other drugs for orgasm
- The role of testosterone for orgasm issues
- Sexual side effects of birth control pills
- Depression side effects of birth control pills
- Testosterone in women! It is a thing!
- Estradiol in men – needed for bones and erections.
- We wrap up with discussing hard flaccid. A hypogastric
- Any advice for me, for other physicians, for the women and their partners?
PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPJoin my membership to get a jump start on the coaching you heard in this episode and to get these episodes ASAP when they are created and without advertisement and even listen live to the interviews and episodes.
THE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN BOOK
Did you get the You Are Not Broken Book yet? Purchase it right here.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Sprout Pharmaceuticals addyi.com/
Use code ‘NOTBROKEN’ to get your telemed doctor’s appointment for $10
See full Prescription Information, Med Guide & Boxed Warning for severe low blood pressure & fainting in certain settings: addyi.com/pi
UberLube for 10% off, use code NOTBROKEN at checkout