ABOUT THE EPISODE
This is an interview I did with my friend and co-founder of a menopause clinic Alloy, Monica Molenaar.
HERE’S WHAT I DISCUSS
- Why I care about women and sex and hormones
- The definition of menopause and how we aren’t educated about what menopause actually is and the symptoms that can arise
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause
- The types of bladder leakage and how
estrogen can help
- The different types of estrogen –
vaginal and systemic
- Why we need vaginal estrogen even when we are not sexually active
- Why I have a cream bias with vaginal estrogen, and other options.
- Vaginal estrogen will not help your hot flashes.
- Myths about who can and can’t use
- Biologic changes of the skin of the vulva after menopause
- How the clitoris works.
- Scream Cream – what it is and does it work.
- Favorite lubes and I explain why I like what I like
- Gen X is the lowest users of vibrators in America
- There are many papers showing transdermal estrogen does not increase your clot risk above what it already is.
- I explain the Women’s Health Initiative study and how it hurt women by creating fear.
- Vaginal estrogen is equivalent in efficacy to the common overactive bladder medications. Why not restore function instead of taking
the side effects of the overactive bladder medications?
- When should you stop using
your seatbelt, sunscreen and vaginal estrogen
- Urinary tract infections put people in the hospital and kill them – this is not a hangnail.
- Can estrogen alone help all pain with sex?
- What do they new Menopause guidelines say about the window for starting systemic hormones and how long can you take them.
- The role of androgens and testosterone in the g******s.
Did you like what you heard?Join my membership to get these episodes ASAP when they are created and without advertisement.
There’s also a private Facebook community, guided workbooks, exclusive educational content, and so much more.
THE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN BOOK
Did you get the You Are Not Broken Book yet? Purchase it right here.
Vagina Obscura by Rachel Gross