ABOUT THE EPISODE
In this episode, we discuss how Dr. Brotto discovered mindfulness for helping manage pain, anxiety and desire. She tells us how she started her sex research career by studying rats. Do stressed out rats want sex? No.
“Stress is antisexual” – Dr. Brotto
“So many people don’t even know that they are stressed.” – KJC
In addition, Dr. Casperson tells her story about finding mindfulness.
“Sex is not just a deficiency in a hormone” – KJC
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS
- Mindfulness during sex
- How anxiety and depression affects oursexuality. And mindfulness can help!
- Medications for low desire in women – Filbanserin specifically
- Beliefs are key! We discuss the role of beliefs on our sex life. Mindfulness helps us “see” our beliefs more.
- Anorgasmia – how common it is and what is the most common cause.
- How to suss out asexuality versus low desire.
- Obligatory sex – how to navigate discrepant desire.
- The myth of penis and vagina sex and why it excludes so many people.
- Mindfulness for sexuality after prostate cancer.
- The role of communication with your partner. Do they even want your erect penis?
PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPJoin my membership to get a jump start on the coaching you heard in this episode and to get these episodes ASAP when they are created and without advertisement and even listen live to the interviews and episodes.
THE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN BOOK
Did you get the You Are Not Broken Book yet? Purchase it right here.
Other resources:The Scientific Network on Female Sexual Health and Cancer
Dr. Anne Katz